The Language of Dance Trust supports the work of the Language of Dance Centre and conversely the Language of Dance Centre operates under the auspices of the Language of Dance Trust.
Our mission is to make creative movement and dance experience available to people of all ages, genders, cultural background and abilities.
The aims of the LODC are:
- To offer activities for children with a specific aim to target underprivileged areas
- To build links within local communities by running classes, with a strong emphasis on young people with disabilities
- To teach LOD to children and adults in the state and private sectors
- To provide additional National Curriculum support to teachers, through the LOD approach, in both primary and secondary schools
- To produce and publish educational materials
- To provide professional development for teachers and LOD specialist training courses
- To run workshops and residencies for dance artists and students
- To enhance choreographic techniques through the LOD approach for professionals, students and non-dance specialists