Online & Social Media Marketing Assistant (Voluntary)
Are you passionate about dance and would love the opportunity to use your social media skills in a small but renowned dance organisation? We are seeking a proactive self starter who will be innovative and creative to promote both our dance programmes for children and all other areas of our work through a range of digital media platforms.
We require a strong communicator who can write imaginative posts, blogs and even make short videos to maximise our online presence and exposure.
If this sounds like you, then the Language of Dance Centre is for you!
This is an unpaid position but is a very exciting opportunity for the right person to develop their social media skills, broaden their experience in the dance world and meet key figures and influencers.
There will be opportunities to attend dance workshops/meetings and other LOD events.
Language of Dance Centre is a charity based in Bethnal Green, London. We offer free of charge dance activities in schools in East London, have an inclusive accredited Award in Dance for people of all abilities and run a nationwide teacher training programme.
- To be responsible for delivering and developing a wide range of social media platforms to promote the work of the organisation.
- To source, generate and publish value added researched content different social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Write blog posts and contribute to LOD website
- Monitor news alerts about dance/relevant school activities/new initiatives
- Monitor other organisations’ social media channels on a daily basis.
- To expand LOD’s social media channels, increase our followers and raise general awareness.
- To manage digital advertising campaigns via google ads.
- Creative with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Content creator who is able to translate LOD’s message to its beneficiaries
- Well-organised, self-motivated and flexible
- Excellent knowledge of social media channels
- Video editing
We welcome candidates who are currently studying for a degree in the Arts/media/marketing or recently graduated from or studying journalism, PR, the Arts or digital marketing.
Please note, this position is an unpaid. Expenses and lunch will be reimbursed.
Duration of position 3-6 months
1 day per week (or equivalent to) In LOD office/dance studio & at home
Unpaid (travel expenses & lunch covered)
Please send a CV and covering letter about why you would be suitable for this role.
Closing Date 30th April 2019